The Samsung 980 EVO is a popular solid-state drive (SSD) that utilizes the M.2 NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) interface. It is designed to offer high-speed storage performance for various applications, such as gaming, content creation, and general computing.
Here are some key features of the Samsung 980 EVO 250GB:
1. Form Factor: It follows the M.2 2280 form factor, which means it is designed to fit into compatible M.2 slots on motherboards or expansion cards.
2. Capacity: The 980 EVO is available in multiple capacities, including 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB. In your case, you mentioned the 250GB variant.
3. NVMe Interface: It utilizes the NVMe protocol, which is specifically designed for SSDs and provides faster transfer speeds compared to traditional SATA-based SSDs. This allows for improved read and write performance.
4. Performance: The Samsung 980 EVO offers impressive performance, with read speeds of up to 3,500 MB/s and write speeds of up to 2,500 MB/s (these speeds may vary depending on the capacity). These high speeds contribute to faster boot times, quicker application loading, and improved overall system responsiveness.
5. NAND Flash Memory: It utilizes Samsung's V-NAND 3-bit MLC (Multi-Level Cell) flash memory technology, which combines high density and performance. This helps to provide a good balance between speed, endurance, and affordability.
6. Reliability and Endurance: The 980 EVO incorporates various technologies to ensure data integrity and drive longevity, such as error correction code (ECC), thermal throttling, and dynamic thermal guard. It also has a warranty period that typically covers several years.
7. Software Support: Samsung provides a software suite called Samsung Magician, which allows users to monitor drive health, update firmware, enable encryption, and optimize performance.