The Kingston NV1 500GB is an SSD (Solid State Drive) that utilizes the M.2 NVMe form factor. It is manufactured by Kingston Technology, a well-known company in the storage industry.
Here are some key features and specifications of the Kingston NV1 500GB:
1. Capacity: It has a storage capacity of 500GB, which means it can hold a significant amount of data, including operating systems, applications, and files.
2. Form Factor: The NV1 SSD uses the M.2 form factor, specifically the M.2 2280 size. This form factor is compact and commonly used in modern laptops and desktops.
3. Interface: It utilizes the NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) interface. NVMe is a high-performance interface protocol designed specifically for solid-state storage devices, offering faster data transfer speeds compared to traditional SATA-based SSDs.
4. Read/Write Speeds: The Kingston NV1 500GB SSD offers sequential read speeds of up to 2,100 megabytes per second (MB/s) and sequential write speeds of up to 1,700 MB/s. These speeds make it suitable for tasks that require fast data access, such as booting up your operating system or loading large files quickly.
5. NAND Flash: It uses 3D NAND flash memory technology, which provides higher density and better performance compared to older planar NAND technology.
6. Reliability: The NV1 SSD is designed to be reliable, with features such as built-in ECC (Error-Correcting Code) technology to detect and correct data errors, as well as wear-leveling algorithms to distribute data evenly across the drive and prolong its lifespan.
7. Compatibility: The Kingston NV1 500GB SSD is compatible with a wide range of systems, including laptops and desktops that support the M.2 NVMe form factor. However, it's always a good idea to check your device's specifications or consult the manufacturer's documentation to ensure compatibility.